Professor in the Department of Horticulture
(WSU faculty member since 2008)
Areas of Interest:
- Pome fruit breeding – apples and pears, scions and rootstocks.
- Pome fruit genomics – development of molecular maps and markers for pre-selection in breeding progenies
Education and Work History:
- Senior Research Leader at East Malling Research, UK (1992-2008)
- PhD – Durham University. The effects of foreign genes in transgenic Thale cress (Arabidopsis thaliana)
- B.Sc. (Hons) – First class Genetics/Plant Biology, Leeds University
- Faculty Senator
- Secretary of the Plant Breeding Coordinating Committee
- Co-host of the 2015 Annual National Association of Plant Breeders Meeting (Pullman, WA)
WSU Tree Fruit Research & Extension Center
1100 N. Western Ave.
Wenatchee, WA 98801-1230
Phone: 509.663.8181, Ext. 245